The last few days have been really crazy around here with cultural sensitivity training, a night of prayer from 11PM to 6:30AM and a whole day of competitions.
The Cultural sensitivity stuff is really neat. I never realized how important it is to respect people of a different culture especially being in a different environment besides the States. Little things like winking, waving, cloths, and loudness as an American can be, really could actually upset or making people of a different culture. We got a little bit more of a brake down of the Ukraine like cloths, house manners, and food stuff. Its going to be a challenge. We wont be briefed on our separate countries until a little later, mine being Hungary. But we will cross that bridge when we get there. We also found out our flight info today, Sat morning I have to get up at 4AM and drive out we are on separate flights some of us, and we have 2 different lay overs, but that's all ill go in detail with.
Tuesday night we had sessions on prayer, and later that night we were broke up into hours from 11PM till 6AM to pray for that hour. I had 12AM so I was one of the first to go. It really was great to just site down and pray about the many things going on in our team with Personal prayer request and Team request. It was a very close time, it went by so fast.
Well that morning we had to be up at 6:30 and ready to go for competitions. We had compilations between 6AM and 8PM, wow... it was crazy, it was such a challenge to get through the whole day and then trying to play with everything you have in every game. We had I think 11 challenges in all, it was challenges from arm wrestling which was pretty funny to Rugby. My favorite game that we played was hand ball. Hand ball is a mixture of basketball and soccer its really cool, I really think I have found my new sport to play besides baseball. But the most challenging for me would have to be rugby. We had a few more things that where just crazy, but so amazing. If you want to know more you will have to ask just me and we can talk. It really took everything I had every last bit of strength that I had to use. I never in a million years thought I would do some of the stuff I have had to do. There is no way I could get through it only, God was right there pushing me from behind, there is no way on earth we all could do this alone we really had to rely on God to help us out and finish the race.
We leave Sat from Bobbio at 4AM me and half the team, and the other half in the rest of the day. Once we get to the Ukraine we will have a 4 hour bus ride to our destination. But be praying for us, im not 100% I will be to be able to blog while im in Eastern Europe, but we will see. If not I will take what I have from my journal and just write it on here in a few blogs when we return.
see you all soon!
Live4Him
BM
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment