Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Almost the end? Not so fast my friend!

Well its been about 8 weeks here in Europe. It has been an experience no doubt. The people and places will never be forgotten. Its been an amazing journey that I would never think I would be on, in little over than 24 hours I will be back in the states and tired as heck lol. We leave at 4AM in the morning we drive to Milan catch our flight at 7:55AM fly to London get there at 9AM then have a 6 hour lay over and leave again at 3PM to head to ATL, from there about a 4 hour drive home, 2 hours to Cleavland and getting picked up by Courtney, and then 2 hours to LaFollette, a long day of traveling...



The relationships that were built here aren't made from plastic steeples, but of God's love. I can rely on any of the 14 interns that I met to get on their knees and cry out to God and pray for me and the same for me. The relationship with the guys has been amazing, I can honestly say I am not closer with any group of guys... but that's going to change. We have been honest with each other from day one. I love my boys, Paul M, Mac, Vince and Paul N. I dont know where I would be with out these strong men of God they have been nothing but an encouraging group.
The girls, have been nothing more I could ever ask for, I cant wait to see where they will go from this. I will be praying for them constantly, and always thinking about them. They really are a unique groups of people. The most important thing now that we are a team is to stay connected. And the most important we have to stay connected with Christ always hold his hand through the good and the bad. Without that it will cause a weak point,"We are only as strong as out weakest point." if one falls we all do as a team, we have to keep each other accountable through the tough times and the good times.

The Guys

Before I left the states I would kid around with Brandon about a bucket list of things to do before I leave so I can get them all in. So I have done the same here in Italy. But these things just kind of come out of no where and some of the things are planed. One thing I took a nap in front of our huge windows overlooking the Alps. And another one was to watch the sunrise here over the mountains. WoW it was amazing... this morning I woke Tess, and Mary Lou up to watch the sun rise at 6AM well I forgot that the mountains where there. In True fashion Brian messing things up haha, so We had to wait and hour and 15 min for it to creep over the mountains but it was so worth it. It was cool tho because in that hour and 15 min My quit time was great, I really got deep into the word and just prayed, but more importantly I shut up and listen to what God had for me. I was sitting there watching the birds land and fly and I thought it was cool how birds have the faith to know and rely on its wings to fly, and kind of the same way with our relationship with Christ, we have to rely on him to take us to the places we didn't think we could make without him, because a lot of times we try to do it on our own and kind of like a bird without wings we will just fall and hit the ground. Mary Lou went back to bed but Tess stayed, it was so beautiful to watch. And one memory that will stay with me.



I have my individual meetings with the leaders today about my mission plane and other things. And then tonight we have our "closing ceremony". I cant believe its almost over these 8 weeks are 8 of the most important in my life. Praise God!!!

This inst my last blog I will do a few once I get back to the states and maybe one more tonight sometimes, because I know I will not be sleeping... Its our last Night, but it is not the end. Its only the beginning once we leave this place and return to our homes the real battle begins!

Thank you for being there for me, the good times and the hard times you all mean so much to me and I will never forget you!
* Vince
* Mac
* Paul N
* Paul M
* Megan
* Tess
* Mandy
* Mary Lou
* Lauren
* Tanya
* Marlean
* Lori
* Jen
* Adrienne
* David
* Bethany
* Kimmster
* Barry
* Pat

The Official Impact 2009 Photo

Live4Him
BM

No comments:

Post a Comment