Monday, June 22, 2009

Understanding Leadership equals T.E.A.M.



The last few years as a FCA leader at TWC I have my ideology has been miss guided it would seem. I have never really liked the idea of being called Captain of FCA or President, but it’s been there. All the leaders on the lead team have named position. It the beginning of my leadership role with FCA we decided to not have names but it started to stick with us so we kept it. The idea that one person has more power over another is wrong, as a lead team we have been given special gifts that we should be able to us as leaders. Cassi came this week and spoke with us and it really started to open my eyes about what a real leader was. Something that he said hit me he said we as leaders are training future people to lead. One thing that I really liked was the pyramid diagram with Relational skills, organizational skills, mobilization skills, Transformational skills, and catalytic skills. A relational skill is how we can relate to people, communicate with people, and handle conflict. Organizational skills, is when people optimize the production needed for a certain task. An organizational skill is when people motivate people and they begin to move. I can relate with the next one more than the others at this point of life; Transformational skills, this is where people impact people’s lives. That’s one way I impact the people I know for Christ, I show myself as an example of Him, and people can see that there is something different with me in the way I act and present myself. The last one is the one that I want to strive for in my walk with Christ, catalytic skill this is where people impact the WORLD, very few can get to this level, but it is something that I want to strive to each day, so that one day I can make an impact around the world for Christ. But in order for me to do this and truly make an impact I have to change myself to change the world.
It takes everyone to be part of a team we are like the body we all have special parts that complete it and help it move as one. And the worst thing that we can do is to be independent from this because we need help. God is our help, we have to reach out to him when we need him, but also in times things seem to be going fine. We are sent here to build the Kingdom of God; the kingdom of God is 3 in 1. Father, Son, Holy Spirit. They all work together to complete the Team. To be a leader you have to have followers. That really hit me like a lot of his teachings did. To have followers we have to disciple to people, we have to pour out into someone so that they can learn from you and that they can also make an impact for Christ. At this moment I have 3 people that God really sat on my heart to pour into, but I have to continue to pray and seek God’s guidance in this. Through this I will find myself not as a teacher but as a learner because God is going to teach me and give me the visions I need to have to complete what is ahead of me for my life.
Another thing that Cassi taught us is the world’s idea of Leadership. It is the fact that there is someone above you there is a CEO/President, and it works it way back down. But Jesus didn’t do this for him it was opposite it was Jesus at the bottom and then going up, but always him at the bottom this was an example of Self-less love. The other view is our world created by the sin of people. Philippians 2:6-8 says,” Jesus humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death even physical death on the cross.” As Christians we need to do the same we need to have attitudes like Christ. We are called to build the Kingdom of God. Leading isn’t to be servant leaders, yes we serve but are we doing it for the Glory of God or for ourselves? We are not to be servant leaders, but a humility leader.
What is stopping us from really turning this over and understanding what God is telling us. What is getting in the way of you being a humility leader? Think at it like this, say this,” If this is true then….” You fill in the rest, I put if this is true then my ego is my worst enemy. Death of self is freedom what holds us back and what God has planned for us. Mark 8:34-38 says,” if you lose your life you will gain it, give up to gain, don’t be ashamed or selfish and that if we gain the whole world we will yet lose our life.” Jesus calls us to take up our cross to be a complete follower, not to be the world. Surrender to follow Jesus, he has some amazing things for us to do but we have to realize that nothing can get in the way of that, Jesus is our Life, but we do have priorities like family, friends, career etc. But remember Jesus is first.
But the biggest thing that really stood out to me from Cassi’s teachings is the fact that we are all God’s chosen leaders, he sent us to Italy to receive this training that has already blown me away and to know there is more to come even blows me away more just to see what God has to show me. I believe the whole purpose that God sent me on this trip is explained in 2 words, trust and future. The last few years I have really had a hard time really understanding the trust I need to have in God because in the end he is the one I have to rely on, no one else. But that is slowing leaving day by day. God holds the future for all of us, but I have miss understood this for some time, I thought my future was to be a teacher and a baseball coach and hopefully work for FCA somewhere. I strongly believe that God wants me doing these things, but I think I have been using the wrong word, instead of future it should be calling; God’s calling for me to be a teacher and a baseball coach and hopefully work for FCA somewhere. But its only in his hands, I have gave it all to him. But like David said I just need to listen to more so I can really hear what he has for me, and I have. God has really spoken to me the last few days. But I’m beginning to understand my calling and where he wants me to go, now where that is I have no idea, time and prayer will tell that story. God has shown me very clear visions that I have to do, if it fails then there will be a message for me behind it, but I’m trusting in God to pave the way for me.

Live 4 Christ
Change the World

Live4Him
BM

No comments:

Post a Comment