Thursday, June 25, 2009

Many Challenges in a short week


well Monday started off like a normal day until our night training sessions when we found out we would have to be silent for the next 24 hours, no computers, no talking, no phones. It really was a great time to really just shut up and listen to what God has to say for us, thats been one of my goals that me and David set up for me during my individual meeting that I need to listen to what God has to say to me more than me talking to God all the time, Now don't get me wrong here Talking is fine, but we also have to listen to what he is trying to tell us. It was a great time to grow, I went hiking up the river to a part I hadn't been yet and I ran into a really old dam it was really neat. I was up there for about 3 hours and an hour in half I was in prayer and deep in the word. God gave me the scripture Matthew 7: 7-8, Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks will receive, he who seek finds, and to him who knocks the door will be opened. I just thought this went great for what I really needed in life at this moment, to seek his guidance, find what he wants me to do, and then accept the challenge! God is really showing me more and more about what he wants me to do with my life in the next few years and im getting some awesome visions from him for what I need to do in the sports ministry.Well on the way back from the river I took a nice little fall and cut my leg up pretty good, it didnt need stitches but it hurts like heck, and it will leave a nice scar. But whats cool once it heals ill have a scar from each country I visit, I just hope I don't get one from the Ukraine or Hungary haha. But yesterday we had another team building challenge. The drove us to some awesome waterfalls on the French border and dropped us off there, we were broke up into two teams. We had to rescue two other team mates that "had got hurt hiking" so we had to find them, THEN using rope, two boards, and a blanket we had to make a stretcher to carry them about 4 or 5 miles back to Forterocca back in Bobbio Pellic. We had to work as a team to carry the victim all the way back down the mountain. It was amazing to see how we worked as a team, but there is still somethings to be worked on, and this morning everyone was sore lol. Especially our shoulders. Today was a lot of teaching and a lot of storming in Bobbio Pellic, the teaching is very useful teaching for our leadership trainging. We learned about partnership, and how they work. But its been a long day!!!! But I hope everyone is doing well back home. And a special thanks to Dwane Wilder who put a little something this week in the La Follette Press for my experience and the blog.

Live4Him
BM

No comments:

Post a Comment