April 20, 2009
Hello my name is Brian Miracle; I am from LaFollette, TN. I am a member at LaFollette United Methodist Church. I am a Junior at Tennessee Wesleyan College, I also play baseball there and I am the Fellowship of Christian Athletes Captain (President). Tennessee Wesleyan College is located in McMinn County, Athens, TN. I hope my letter finds you doing well!
I wanted to write to share with you about a great opportunity that is in my near future to serve the Lord this summer.
I have been accepted to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes/Operation Mobilization—Impact 2009 International Sports Ministry Internship to take place in Bobbio Pellice, Italy.
This is the first year FCA will offer this international internship and I’m hoping to join 25 other like-minded athletes from across the United States and around the world. It is a nine-week internship designed to train me in international sports ministry as well as develop character and leadership skills in a cross-cultural learning environment. We will spend 3 weeks in Italy receiving instruction from trainers on the Biblical basis for sports ministry, cultural sensitivity, evangelism, sports ministry models and teambuilding. We will then travel to other countries in Europe to help with sports camps and clinics and possibly some coaches training.
I am writing to ask your consideration of support in two areas for me as I make plans to attend this program.
First, please consider praying for me and my teammates in preparation and during our weeks together in Europe. Our trip will begin June 8 and be complete at the end of July. Please pray specifically for the many people we will serve through this program. Also pray for our safety, for our strength and courage and most of all that God be glorified through this effort!
Second, would you please consider supporting me in this effort by offering a financial gift to help underwrite the cost of this effort? I am personally seeking to raise $3500 to be able to participate in this internship. If you feel led, please consider a gift of any size to help me reach my financial goal to take part in this program. You can make checks payable to FCA in any amount and please remember that your gift will be 100% tax-deductible as FCA is a 501 c-3 non-profit organization.
If you would like to help me financially, you can mail your donation directly to me at (after May 7th)175 Miracle Ln LaFollette, TN 37766 or 204 East College St. Athens TN 37371 (before May 7th). Please make checks payable to FCA and write “Impact 2009” in the memo line. Your support will be allocated to me through FCA to help make this trip possible.
I appreciate your time in reading this letter and thanks for your consideration and prayers as I seek to serve the Lord through this FCA mission opportunity!
If you have any questions please let me know
Live4Him,
Tennessee Wesleyan College FCA
204 East College St.
Athens, Tn 37371

I am sooo excited for this opportunity God has given you and all of the FCA team members! I will be praying for you every step of the way! And glad I could pass on the blogging idea! Love you bro!
ReplyDelete